Saturday, March 27, 2010

Overload


The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

It may be an unwise time to blog. My health has been in grumpy mode since the pollen began. We are changing our computer system at work, with the attendant frustrations and loss of time. Our "clients" are increasingly rude, hostile, or stoned. And my Facebook/ meta-church/ electronic family has become so diverse that my inner world is expanding more quickly than I can process ideas. I am mentally tired. I am suffering from what I hope is a passing case of overload.

But the stress has had one interesting effect. I have seen Jesus through so many perspectives lately, that in frustration I've asked, "Who are you, Lord?" "I mean, really, Who are you?" My mind has become so encrusted with Christ as a theological concept, that I am again forced to the Center. And I don't mean "who are you to me." That would involve a conceptual definition. I mean, "who are you for me?" God made flesh, Man in the eternal Trinity, God suffering, God condescending, God loving, God broken, God not just giving life but giving himself as life--what does that have to do with my rising from my bed tomorrow?

I desire the trust that moves beyond knowledge, to not "concern myself with great matters, nor with things too profound for me;" to sit at his feet for a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment